My inspiration...
Amanda!

Amanda has a great compassion for animals and an amazing talent in art and creativity!



Obvious animal lover...


She found running and it became a huge part of her and we all saw a new confidence in her as well. The reason this marathon means so much to me. It brought pure joy watching Amanda run for her high school team and the courage to run in other races around Phoenix on her own. I also saw the pride in my Dad and step mom's face watching her which brought even more joy.


Amanda with Asia and Dakota after one of her races!


Amanda was able to come to Scotland and visit us... her in front of Crathes Castle.

I LOVE this picture so very much. I was not there to see this but cried when I saw it... We all struggle as we grow up... finding our way, friends, activities, inner confidence, academically and a child with Autism this brings it to a entirely new level. This picture says so many things I couldn't begin to put it into words... this is a charity run for Autism that Amanda's friends and cross country team ran with her and for her... this is them at the finish line together, linked arm in arm.... supporting her, loving her, brining all of us who love her and want the best for her so much JOY!
Amanda is now an adult and it brings an entirely new awareness to me. Living life as an adult can be hard enough but I see a new set of challenges for Amanda as she hits this stage of life. Autism has so many spectrums which is why Autism Awareness is so crucial and that we also don't just limit Autism to a child... that remember these children grow up!
Thank you again for your time reading, awareness, prayers, support, donations, love, encouragement... I am beyond grateful!
26.2 days days to go... YAHOOOO!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment