Friday, 25 March 2011

20.1 & 13.2

Layla and I at the end of our BIG 20 miler... yeah!!!! We ran with a group we found here in Houston... a blessing because they provide water and a route! The route was only 14.5 miles so we had to run back to the car, grab water and head back out for 6 more... this I loathe, seeing my car, actually getting in my car and not being able to drive away and have my much needed cup of coffee on my drive home! But it was is all good... proves when it gets hard I don't want to or think I can do another 6 miles... you can! Our dear running buddy, Kathleen, who is still in Aberdeen was running 20 miles in the snow by herself... we really didn't have much to complain about. Now that is dedication!
I needed some mix up for training runs and a friend told me about a half-marathon on trails... as soon as I heard trails I was very intrigued ohhh how I miss my beloved trail run in Aberdeen. Layla and I signed up it was the exact amount of mileage we needed for our long run last week! Here we are before the start... I am getting use to (gulp) these 5 am wake-ups for a 7 am race start... Europe no race started before 9 am! Tracy, ran her very first half that day... she says it is her last but we will see... I saw a spark in her eye even if she wont admit it!! Haha! She did awesome!
Here we are at the end... for running 20 miles the previous weekend we did good and it was a a great training run. We were gonna take it easy but we ended up having a pretty good pace for a training run and it felt good. It was a great reminder of "the race" and what it feels like to really push... I got a horrible leg cramp at mile 11 and sooo wanted to walk... I was thinking this is just a training run, walk Michelle, you have every right to just stop but I saw my running buddy forge ahead and I thought NO... it is going to be a lot tougher come marathon day... so I forged on and finished strong leg cramp and all and it felt fantastic... well not really but the accomplishment felt good and it eneded up being a great "training" run because I was reminded of what it meant to really PUSH myself when it gets hard!!

Tomorrow is 22... and our last BIG run that is a serious YAHOOOO which I will be saying loudly tomorrow at the end of that run! We get to taper now... think more about food, hydration, sleep, not to mention packing and arranging everything for mommy to be gone for a few days! Please pray for my health and energy over the last few weeks...
THANK YOU THAK YOU again for all the donations... I am only 80 pounds away... that is amazing! Prayers, love, support, thoughts.... humbled every time!
(Aunt Betsy... wow.... Anonymous supporters... thank you..... family & friends..... WOW)

No comments: