Thursday, 20 August 2009

Off to Lower 1 (Kindergarten) in the rain (of course)!

My first baby is off to her first day of Lower 1 (what we call Kindergarten in the US) at Albyn! She was so proud and looked adorable in her uniform! I really love the concept of the uniform, not fun getting it all together especially in Aberdeen where they pride themselves on not caring enough stock but how cute is the uniform and with every kid in the same outfit, how easy on mom to plan the weeks clothes! A huge fan of it.
Asia came beaming down the stairs dressed and ready to go. She was beyond excited. My first sight of her in that uniform and the tears started, not because I am not ready for her to start this next journey but because she is SO ready. I wasn't sure I would cry but just thinking about how far we have come since she was born. God, we just feel so grateful. The excitement in her eyes, all the new experiences she is about to have, we are so grateful. What an opportunity for her and us. We have been praying at night for her teachers and all the new friends she will make. It was a hard decision to move her from St. Margarets to Dakota's school, Albyn, but having the kids at the same school only makes the most sense. I was so worried about the move and drove myself crazy over the decision but Asia hasn't hesitated a second. She told me she will make new friends, get to see new stuff, see her brother and is just so proud to be going to Albyn.
Coming down first thing in the morning all dressed and ready to go!
Having breakfast and finishing her packet. She had to draw a picture of herself in her uniform. She even did the green bow in her hair and her shiny new black shoes that she is so proud of! All the kids together! Couldn't get better than that! Sierra with her shirt off (can't keep that thing on her, we will have to put a stop to that soon), Dakota in his sport pjs that he has to wear!
We had to get another one b/c Sierra kinda got in on this one which happens with everything!!! She is not going to let anyone forget about her being the baby in the family!
This is her picture for her family, she wanted one all alone to send to her family because they have been wanting to see her uniform!
In her complete outfit with blazer! Daddy had to carry her book bag, she was falling over with it on, they are huge! Doesn't she look smart as they say in Aberdeen!

WE LOVE YOU ASIA!!!!
Dakota came running, Asia I am going to miss you. He was saying that all morning. I gonna miss you Asia... and she would say, well how about you give me a hug then... the problem solver! Dakota got his hug!
Daddy and Asia walking to school. We thought it would be really special to have Daddy take her the first day, give her that extra bit of confidence and knowing her Daddy is behind her 100%! What a fun morning it was to have him there and to have breakfast with the kids!

Another huge plus of both kids going to Albyn. We can WALK to school. It is about a 10 minute walk and one of our dreams to be able to do this!

Asia you are our sunshine. There just isn't a better word to describe you. Always smiling. Looking after others. Memorizing and listening to everything around you. Ready to help. Interacting with others is your favorite part of the day. Lover of sweets and being first & best (we are working on this one not always the best loser). Loves to play, play, play!

5 comments:

Insight for Girls said...

So adorable, Michelle! I miss seeing you and meeting the kids, but I am glad to know you have a blog. I will keep up with you a bit now! Love to you! Michelle (Toy)

BGFoster said...

OMG...it's so hard to believe Asia is this "old". What a wonderful adventure your whole family has begun with school. You all look Marvelous...miss you all so much.
Barbara

Angie said...

Hey its Angie Robinson! I love checking your blog when I can...too cute. I finally have one now to and I'll add you to mine.

Cassie said...

way to go momma! I have a lot of friends who teared up this week with their kiddos starting school - but it was because like you they were so proud! And yes, I love school uniforms.

Katie and Matt said...

Again Michelle...Asia is such a cutie! I LOVE the idea of a school uniform too...I only wish we could convince everyone to feel this way. You have done a remarkable job with raising your children. I know you are very proud of your little babes. Hugs and love.