Ben and I got to go to a very fancy Burn's Super (Not the greatest pic of us, we are wearing our matching tartan though, closest to a kilt we have come) , 25 of Jan 09 marked 250 years to do the day since Scotland' national poet was born, Robert Burns. He is known for many things but one we all know is the famous song we sing to ring in the New Year...."Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!"
The Burn's Super starts of with pipers bringing in the famous haggis, I have to tell you what it
is (made from the lungs, heart, and liver of a sheep, chopped with onions, seasonings, suet, and oatmeal, and then broiled in a bag made from the sheep's stomach) then it is lots of toasts, whiskey and Scottish dancing!
The kids came in while I was on the computer, trying to figure all this (blogging) out and they were dressed in what we call 'fancy' dress in Scotland (I call it dressing up) and I said wow a firefighter and a cowgirl... Asia said, "No, I am a Nebraska traveler girl", what I asked? She said you know mom a girl that travels all over and wears this pretty dress!! So there you have it my Nebraska traveler girl!!! Dakota got to wear his Tartan to school (below) and do Scottish dancing as well. They also had the traditional meal served at a Burns Supper for the kids to try and then told us what they liked/disliked he didn't like the haggis,
neeps (turnip) & tatties (mashed potato) were okay he said, and the pudding he liked!
neeps (turnip) & tatties (mashed potato) were okay he said, and the pudding he liked!

Yesterday, Asia came home in this hat, she popped out of the car in it (we are carpooling) I said wow a reindeer and she said no, a Highland cow Mom!

They are studying Scotland this week hence Robert Burns! She got to do Scottish dancing and sing lots of Scottish songs as she calls them, you can hear her in the morning bright and early singing them at the top of her lungs!
She also wanted to know how pigs turn into food and bacon.. I said we would ask Daddy about that one, she said I know mom, they go to sleep and then turn into food, I thought that was a great explanation. Her favorite is to ask you to solve a mystery and then she gives you clues, she started that with her Nanny over Christmas, my favorite is when she told me she was "having imagination in her head right now", while we were driving! I asked her what imagination, she said singing this song with my friends at school! She always cracks me up and thinks of everything! Dakota's favorite is to ask me to turn the telly (TV) on and when you ask him to say something it is "Sure Mom"!! It melts me when he says that...
No comments:
Post a Comment