Friday, 24 December 2010

Houston we have landed...

Our last day in Aberdeen... the kids got to wear party clothes for their Christmas party. We will come back to this it needs an entire post all to it's self what a heartbreaking beautiful day it was!
In our temp living the last week we were there.
One huge bonus of repatriating back is business class. The kids were beyond excited when the steward pointed up the stairs when we got on the plane. We had told them before hand that they would be in the BIG seats that we have walked by so many times on many other flights and asked whay can't we sit in those??? Did a bit of threatening about being good in the big seats... I got to ditch my other threat of; if you whine, fight or cry for no reason then the pilot will come and make you get off the plane (I might have said throw on a couple occasions). If my children see a steward or a stewardess walking down the isle they become extra quiet! When you are traveling for 18 hours by yourself with three kids I have to admit I have resorted to some very unrealistic threats but it works!!! This flight, all you had to say was downstairs not that they needed it much, they were so good! We did get a couple of looks when we walked up the stairs full of MEN! We got some major compliments about how well behaved they were by the end! You moms who travel know how much pride you take in this.. which is so wrong on some levels and so right on some others!
Sierra in her big seat... below our trail in the Amsterdam airport. I always dress my kids alike when we fly for three reasons, they are very easy to spot, if they get lost I can easily remember what they were wearing, and they look cute. Ben doesn't get to fly with us often but I was getting there clothes ready for the flight and he said this is crazy. I explained my reasons... he said cute??? I said yes it is sad but if the kids look cute then peoples first reaction is a good one which can help when you come walking up by yourself with three little kids!!!
Can you tell who is in the front of the line? Yes, that is Uncle Chris. We were surprised at the airport by Ben's brother. He had a last minute business trip to Europe and had told us he wouldn't be home until Saturday (we were coming in on Thursday) so he said to make ourselves comfortable in his house until he got there. We turned the corner and there he was!
So... Dakota and Daddy got seats together, behind was Sierra and I and...
in front was Asia and Uncle Chris. Flying does not get any easier then this... all my solo flights I couldn't have imagined having a ratio of 1 adult per child and in the big seats....! It was actually fun! Well done Uncle Chris for keeping a big secret!
Seriously back in TEXAS! We never really made it to Santa Claus but here are our Christmas photos.... camouflage hats and shirts in Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World!!! I have never been in one. It was crazy. The kids eyes were HUGE!
oh yeah.... a cow dressed as Santa! The girls saw this and we had to pull off the highway to get a pic (minus Dakota he was hunting with Daddy again Houston we have landed)!
We are having fun.
Yes, we are back in Houston. It was a quick move but we are here! We will be staying with Ben's brother close to downtown until we can find a house to lease. Ben is working downtown so we will try to keep the commute small. We are enjoying being back!
Thanks for all the well wishes and sorry for some of the confusion....describes the last three weeks! We are all good and happy! Bittersweet leaving Aberdeen after 5 years... it will hold a place so dear to our hearts always.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Welcome home Kennett family!! Happy to hear that your flight went well, everyone got a BIG seat, and that you're getting settled.