Wednesday, 29 April 2009

The hill... Balmoral 10K!

Saturday I ran in a 10k with Layla... I did this race exactly two years ago after just finding out I was pregnant with Sierra. It was really cool to be able to run it again! It was a gorgeous day! It about killed me but I did it in 1 hr 57 sec... they call it The Hill because the first 5k is uphill and 1.2k of that is straight up a hill (or what most of us back home would call a mountain)! At the top is bagpipers playing (which is really cool) and you can hear everyone around you sighing and saying finally because that is your cue it is the end of the major uphill! It showed me how much work I still have to do to get back in shape after having three kids in 4 years but it was a great motivator! It takes place at the Queens Castle in Balmoral (about 1.5 hour from Aberdeen), where the royalty spend their summers to get out of the heat in London. Which you can see in the picture below!

The kids got to do face painting and eat ice cream while we were running!

Last time I did it Asia was SO thrilled to get my medal and again this year!

You can kind of see the hills in the background of this picture!

Layla and I.





Cassie ran the 5k before us!

No comments: