Monday, 22 November 2010

Soccer Camp

Over the Oct holidays Dakota begged to go to an all day soccer camp for one week. I wondered how he would do from 10-3 for 5 days but he loved every minute of it. It just shows how much energy those kids have. I was really proud of him. He is just learning so a bit behind and he is on the smaller side but he doesn't let that stop him.
Seriously how cute is that... it was so much fun going and getting the uniform with him. He chose to put his Dad's favorite number from his soccer days on his back. It just made me stop in the store and think life is good...
On Friday it was crazy hair day. He loved this. We spiked his hair and found some hair paint and had fun!
On Friday they invite the parents for a little award ceremony. The kids are put into groups based on age and then they give out two trophies for 'MVP' and 'Most Improved'. Everyone gets a certificate and medal for completing the camp. Asia won most improved about a year ago when they went for just two hours a day and I think Dakota really thought he would get one so we had some tears after but even though I would have loved for him to have gotten one it was good for him to see what life is about and you aren't always going to get the trophey... maybe we try to shelter our kids a bit much some times but on the other hand keeping them sheltered for as long as possible isn't that good too?!
I was really impressed how each of these boys sat so patiently during the assembly.
After with his certificate and trophy. It was freezing! That was the other thing I thought seriously bud 5 full days of soccer outside in Aberdeen??? Not sure how that is going to go, cold, rainy.... but even in the cold and rain they played and he didn't complain once.

No comments: